Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ruger LCP



Official Website
Caliber: .380 Auto
Capacity: 6+1 (this means you can have 6 in the clip plus 1 chambered)
Length: 5.16"
Width: 0.82"
Height: 3.60"
Average Cost: around $300


From what I've read, this is a great little gun if you decide to go with a .380.  They had some issues with it when it first came out, but it sounds like they were quickly resolved.  Based on what I've read in various gun forums, Ruger seems to have good customer service if you do have any problems.  My brother-in-law has an LCP and has never had a problem with it.

Most LCP owners seem very happy with their purchase, but some people have complained about a heavy and/or long trigger pull, as well as accuracy problems.  I think these complaints are due to inexperience, though because these are normal for this type of gun.  Many concealed carry pistols will have a heavy/long trigger pull to help prevent accidental discharge of the firearm.  Also, with any gun this small it is very difficult to shoot accurate groups.  I would recommend going to a store to get a feel for how the gun fits in your hand as well as what the trigger pull is like in comparison to similar guns.  There may be other guns in this class that outperform the Ruger LCP, but overall it is a great gun for the money.  I am fairly certain that I want to go bigger than .380, but if I were to buy a .380 I would go with the Ruger LCP.

No comments:

Post a Comment